Monofin Freediver Clinic
The Monofin Freediver clinic is designed to be an introduction to Monofin swimming and to help the student develop the basic skills, techniques and knowledge necessary to start using the Mono fin efficiently. Students will be introduced to different approaches to freediving with a Mono-fin, exercises designed to work on style and how to design a training program. Advanced techniques will be covered far beyond any current course syllabus. We will use video analysis to help improve stroke. Students do not have to own a mono before the clinic to benefit. All instructors/guest speakers are to be previous UK squad members and/or UK record holders. There will be a minimum of two, hopefully three depending on student numbers to keep ratios low.
- Equipment for use with mono fins for training and how it differs from other freediving equipment, to include short fins, front snorkel and use of a float.
- Dry training to develop the body for no-fins freediving, warm up and breath up procedures
- Physiology for mono fin freediving.
- How to get correct weighting
- Sources of further information
- Stretching specifically for mono-fin use
- Mental preparation for a dynamic
- Thoracic cage flexibility
Confined Water Session OneAfter this session the student freediver will be able to:
- Perform a stretching routine suitable for preparing the body for a mono fins freediving session
- Perform apnea swims using monofins for a maximum distance of 50m, to practice style and technique.
Confined Water Session TwoAfter this session the student freediver will be able to:
- Keep practicing the monofin style in the pool
- Design a personal technique drill for further training with the help of the instructor
Remote coaching option: After the course you can choose to do the remote coaching option, this entails regular phone calls, video reviews (you need to send the videos for me to review but we can discuss that), and training plans. I usually work with an athlete for a few months after the course to make sure the knowledge has sunk in, and you get the continued benefts of me helping you to improve. This is the key to long term success.
Certification: Experience only
Duration: 1 Day
Day 1: Knowledge development, dry practical, two pool sessions
Requirements: Be 18 years of age or older, medical statement and be able to swim at least 100 metres non-stop and 300 metres with mask, snorkel and fins.
Coaching (3 months remote coaching): £75
Mono and No Fins courses combined: £225
Mono / No Fins and remote coaching: £275
(If you do the course a second time for additional experience, it is half price)
Next course February 6th, 2016